Don’t you love being asked to describe yourself? Let’s try:
- I’m Andrea
- Pacific Northwest native
- Lover of all things coffee, Norwegian, or genealogy
- Prefer handwritten letters over any other kind of communication
- Lived in New Zealand twice: first to study for two semesters at Massey University in Palmerston North, and again post-graduation just to live and travel and see my kiwis again.
- Graduated from Whitworth University in Spokane, Wash., U.S.A.
- Will happily read any poem by Wisława Szymborska
- Favorite band is NEEDTOBREATHE
- Favorite book is “To Kill a Mockingbird”
- English teacher
- Will take every opportunity to explore the outdoors, especially in New Zealand
- Have difficulty not bursting into song when the mood strikes
- Have been known to take a red pen to grammatically incorrect menus and signs.
- Earned my Master’s in Teaching through Western Governors University.
- After events in my life starting last September, I consider myself a mental-health activist. In particular, I am a huge proponent of talk therapy and healing through music.