- Whakapapa. If you know how to say it, you know why. And it’s Maori for “genealogy”, which is one of my obsessions.
- Humptulips. A town in Washington.
- Ohanapecosh. A section of Mount Rainier National Forest. Doesn’t really make me laugh, but it’s really fun to say.
- Busier than a cat burying shit in concrete. Just heard this one for the first time today.
- Burgle. Well, this doesn’t always make me laugh, but it consistently makes my friend Angela laugh, so it’s become an inside joke between us. A verb I’d never heard until I got to New Zealand. I used to say “burglarize”, but I think “burgle” is more fun.