Not sure how exciting this is going to be, folks, but here you have it:
- Breakfast (10:20): Oatmeal with light-brown sugar and apple chunks with orange juice, while doing the News Tribune crossword puzzle
- “Lunch” (12:20): the pictured flat white (that’s generally a flavorless latté, in American terms) at my regular Saturday afternoon café while writing a long letter to someone (you’ll find out who you are soon enough …)
- Linner/Dunch (3:50): the second half of my foot-long Subway sub while Skyping with Mom and Dad. It was a turkey and swiss sandwich with lettuce, tomatoes, capsicum/bell pepper, onions, jalapeños, lime and coriander/cilantro sauce and honey mustard on rosemary and sea salt bread. Subway is the only place I buy turkey here because it is absurdly expensive in the supermarkets. The cheapest I’ve found is $3 for five slices that were about to expire in two days.
- Tea: Twinings “Settling Ginger” tea, also while Skyping. And I never noticed this before, but look what’s on the label. Dang; it must be good if the Queen okays it.
- Snacks while watching Mad Men:
- Lime and kelp cashews – seriously, they’re a thing. And an amazing thing, albeit expensive. I’ve heard both lime and kelp are good for you so there’s a happy marriage.
- Cadbury Caramello chocolate. Stupid ants got to my Cadbury Crunchie chocolate but at least I had a back-up.